Do You Feel Stuck? It happens to the best of us. We hit a plateau or we just seem to lose steam. We drop our attention from our goal. Even if you don’t feel like you hit a plateau but you do feel like your focus has been waning, there are many things you can do to get through this.
Here are a few practices I recommend:
- Change it up! Change up your routine a bit. There’s nothing more invigorating than change.
- Begin your day with Intention setting meditations. Setting intentions at the start of your day sets the tone for the rest of the day. Remember the key to intention setting is putting it in the present tense as if it has already happened, and make sure to feel it! An example – “I am so happy and grateful now that I am more mindful and present during mealtimes.”
- EFT – Here are some tapping phrases you could use to get unstuck, using the conversational tapping method:
“I feel like I’ve lost focus on my weight release goal”
“I feel stuck”
“I’ve lost a bit of steam and motivation”
“It would be great if I could get unstuck”
“I always feel so good when I am on track with my goals”
“I just have to start”
“Baby steps are okay”
“I can start there”
“It’s going to feel really good to be motivated again”
“I am feeling a little bit better now”
“It will be easy to get on track again”
“I just need to be more mindful”
“That’s easy to do”
“I can tap for 5 minutes a day, to help me move through this”
“I’m excited to be getting back on track!”
“I can do this!”
- Using Afformations – Afformations just like affirmations, focus on the positive. The key difference however, is asking a positive question rather than using a statement. Based on Noah St. John’s book The Secret Code of Success, an afformation is the formulation of a question to empower your mind. Rather than just stating something is true (as with an affirmation) an afformation asks why it is true. Our minds appreciate questions and are eager to search for answers. He likens this process to an “automatic search function” in the brain. Doing afformations isn’t necessarily about finding the answers, although sometimes your mind will offer up some. According to St. John, asking the questions helps you to positively manifest your desires.
Some afformations you could use are:
“How is that I am able to stay focused on my goal each and every day?”
“How is it that I am so motivated to achieve my goal?”
“Why is it that I am releasing weight so easily now?”
“Why was it so easy for me to get back on track?”
“How is it that I have no desire for sweets?”
“How did I get so good at being prepared?”
“How have I been able to release attachment to the outcome?”
“Why do I easily get enough physical exercise each day?”
“How is it that I have so much energy and vitality?”
“How is it that I fit into size __ clothes?”
“Why is it that I only eat until I am satisfied?”
“How did I get so good at listening to my body’s signals?”
“How did I end up at my goal weight so quickly and with such ease?”
- Join a Challenge. A challenge is a great way to get you back on track and to help you get your mojo back. I have put together the 6 Week Synergy Breakthrough Challenge and the energy is high and intentions are flying.
- Get some additional support – enlist the help of a friend, coach, or group to help you get back on track and to help keep you accountable. Sometimes you need an accountability buddy to help put the fire under your butt.
- Visualize yourself being motivated and doing all the things you used to do when you were focused on your goal. Periods of visualization throughout the day can be very transformative.